Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Unknown Future

Hello,

So I have started to realize that I will be graduating in 53 days....53 DAYS!! Not that I'm counting or anything:)  And all of the sudden I feel like I need to have decisions made about where my life is going.  I am constantly being asked what my post-grad plans are and the truth is I have no idea! And for someone like me, who likes to have everything planned out, this has been an incredibly stressful thing to deal with.  So rather than start to overthink everything and stress more, I took a much needed break.  I watched one of my favorite episodes of Friends, ate some chocolate and sat on Pinterest where I stumbled across this quote.  It was exactly what I needed to hear (or read).  I like to plan things out so the uncertainty of my future terrifies me and that is okay.  For me, it simply means I have options in front of me; I could stay in Minneapolis or I could go to grad school in London or go climb Mt. Everest if I wanted, the choice is all mine.  I also forget, like many of us I'm sure, to live and enjoy the moment.  I am always worrying about the future and what needs to get done instead of living in the present.  Beautiful things happen every day and they tend to get overlooked because I move at such a fast pace.  The future may be uncertain, there will be highs and lows, but if I follow my dreams and passions I'm sure the future will be wonderful. Anywho, I hope this quote speaks to you if you are in a similar situation with a sort of unknown future.      


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016