Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Almost There

Hello,

I apologize for the lack of posts recently, but with college coming to a quick end I have had a crazy busy schedule.  I cannot believe I will be graduating in less than 10 days! It's crazy! I just wanted to share a little something about my time as an undergraduate.  I recently had to present my big scary senior paper at the Family Social Science showcase and attended the Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence Celebration of Achievement.  The best part was I got to do it all with one of my best friends, who has been my rock throughout our college career :)



I was incredibly nervous to write a long, important paper that used fancy terms and discussed complicated theories.  However, I was pleasantly surprised at how confident I felt while writing it.  I felt like I knew what I was talking about and that four years of late night study sessions was finally paying off.  I also had the opportunity in college to explore my Mexican culture.  I realize I don't look Mexican, but I am proud to say that I am half.  I was able to participate in different multicultural groups and events which allowed me to grow as a person.  It is extremely important to be aware of other cultures and be open-minded.  We all can learn so much from each other and build one another up that it would crazy not to do so.

Both of these events just reminded me of how lucky I am to go to college and have all these wonderful opportunities.

Anywho, those were just some thoughts I had and wanted to share. Have a fantastic week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016