Friday, November 4, 2016

NYC: DAY 2

We started our day on the early side in hopes of catching one of the earlier ferry rides to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. And let me tell you, it was worth it! We were fortunate to catch one of the less crowded rides because when we returned the line was insanely long.

I have to say Ellis Island was breathtaking and it gave me chills. It was amazing to walk around and just imagine what it was like for everyone that was passing through...the anxiety...the excitement...I have chills just thinking about it! Walking around Ellis Island inspired me to want to research my family tree which I can only imagine will take dedication and patience.


Statue of Liberty
Registration Room at Ellis Island
                           

View from Ellis Island

Next we took an emotional trip to Ground Zero 9/11 Memorial. It's amazing that to this day I remember exactly where I was and how it truly felt like the world stood still. I only took a few pictures because for me it was more important to really take everything in and pay my respects. My heart goes out to everyone who lost someone that day.


On a lighter note, we then walked around to find some sweet treats that my friend had been dying to try! First we tried smashed & rolled ice cream at IᐧCENY then went over to Laduree in SoHo for some macarons, which I had never tried!



And what better way to end the evening then with another Broadway show! The Phantom of the Opera is by far one of my favorites ♥




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016